Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wow...

John usually updates the blog, but I'm getting a turn. The past four to six weeks have been a whirlwind! Tim graduated from elementary school (we have a middle schooler?!?!), Michael had a second opinion on his diabetes diagnoses, John got a wonderful check-up at the cardio and our move is getting closer!!

I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Tim. My life changed in 30 seconds. No, it may not have been the "ideal" situation, but God knew what he was doing. We have Timmy. The imaginative, crazy, silly, most sincere, creative, loving, baseball loving (and many more adjectives) Tim. Anytime I look at him, I couldn't imagine my life without him. And now he begins his journey to middle school...girls beware!

And Michael. Oh how our hearts dropped when we checked him on May 8th and saw the number 297 and heard the words from our pediatrician "Your child has diabetes". Our family lived through hell for six weeks before getting the news from Dr. Neufeld; incorrect diagnoses. Reaction to prednisone. He does NOT have diabetes. I have made so many new friends, friends whose child or children have Type 1 and how much they struggle to keep their child alive. I have a new appreciation for any parent who has to go through that.

May 26, 2008. Another day I'll never forget. "Your husband had a heart attack". Words I didn't expect to hear at 30 with two small children asleep at home. John has worked his butt off (literally) to get in good health and in June was told he could come off some of his meds and didn't need to be seen back at the cardiologist. I'm so proud of him! Words can't express the love I have for this man. I never thought I would find someone like him. Love you Honey.

We're moving!! Back to Virginia!! We've been out here in California for six years now. It has been good to us. We've grown individually, as a couple, and as a family. Came out with one kid, going back with two! And minivan! We have learned alot, lived alot and seen so much. More than I ever would have been able to see or given my children the chance to experience. We have met so many people and many friends we will keep forever. But we're really looking forward to going HOME.

No comments: